Monday, March 2, 2009

The Unknown

I am so excited. I recently learned that I will not being teaching 8th grade science next year. This thrills me to death. I love 8th graders, I don't love 8th grade science. It is erosion and soil types and just dirt, dirt, dirt. It is so incredibly boring. There will be approximately 90 7th graders next year. This means that one of two things will happen. I will only teach 7th grade science giving me six classes of about 15 kids. This would be wonderful. Or the other option is 4 classes of 7th grade science and then 2 classes of a subject other than science. Honestly, either one of these options is exciting to me. I haven't had a chance to talk to my principal to see what she is thinking. I can't wait to find out what my future holds.

2 comments:

  1. This is super exciting for you! I can't wait to find out what you will be teaching! :)

    And I'm pretty sure I cried the entire time I was writing that post. I've been that way all day - fighting tears. It is a wonder it makes sense (well I haven't read it, I hope it makes sense)! I'm sure she will have lots of stories to tell you Sunday morning!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! A change I know you need!
    So glad for you, Kathie

    ReplyDelete